Moore Scarrott is a long established and well regarded South West firm of Chartered Accountants. We are recognised as an Approved Training Practice so we can guarantee your training journey will be second to none. As a Tax Trainee, you will service a variety of clients throughout various sectors, whilst working towards a technician qualification from the UK’s leading provider of UK tax compliance services, the ATT. With excellent training and guidance from an exceptional team, you will gain experience and develop skills in a broad array of taxation activities.
This is a great opportunity for a hard working individual who has the desire to learn and develop within the taxation sector, through on the job training and relevant formal study whilst earning a competitive remuneration package. The successful applicant will be passionate about their career and possess a real keenness to learn and progress.
Depending on career intentions, there is also the option of undertaking the specialist CTA taxation examination, which a number of our team have progressed towards.
Moore Scarrott is led by a dynamic team of partners and is a business that describes itself as truly obsessive about excellent client service. It is a place where staff at all levels are expected to have first class skills in serving clients, pre-empting their needs and being truly creative in helping them and overall exceeding their expectations. We are looking to continue our ambitious growth into the future, both in existing specialities and also in new areas.
Role & Responsibilities
As an ATT trainee of Moore Scarrott you will be undertaking, assisting with and learning in detail how to:
- Prepare personal and partnership tax returns for review by the Tax Manager
- Prepare P11d’s for review by the Tax Manager
- Liaise with HMRC as and when required
- Liaise directly with clients as required and deliver excellent client service
- Assist with the administration of the tax department
- Hold an A Level qualification, grade A-C (or equivalent)
- A keen interest in developing as a tax professional
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- The ability to work well in a successful and busy team
- Strong timekeeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and attention to detail skills
- A meticulous nature in order to ensure all work is accurate
- IT literate including the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other computerised systems
- Flexibility will also be required in order to accommodate busy periods of the year
Salary & Benefits
Moore Scarrott believes in a culture where strong performance is recognised and rewarded, and as such, reviews the performance and salaries of trainees every 6 months. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer discretionary performance bonuses, financial support through study periods covering all costs toward examinations including tuition/revision courses, registration fees, study materials and examination entry fees, time off for study, exams and revision courses, contributions to a pension scheme, death in service benefit and a range of other flexible benefits.
Only applications in the form of a CV, together with a covering letter will be considered.
Apply for this post
Sign up for our newsletter
Developed by our team of experts, the Moore Scarrott Veterinary newsletter keeps you informed with the latest news and insights impacting the financial landscape of the veterinary sector.