Qualified Accountant - Veterinary
Moore Scarrott is a dynamic firm of accountants, tax and business advisors and is a business that describes itself as truly obsessive about excellent client service. It is a place where staff at all levels are expected to have first class skills in serving clients, pre-empting their needs and being truly creative in helping and exceeding their expectations. We are looking to continue our ambitious growth into the future, both in existing specialities and also in new areas.
Due to our continued success and growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, motivated and dynamic Qualified Accountant to join the Accounts Team of this long established and well regarded South West firm of Chartered Accountants.
This position is to be a key member of the qualified staff within the team, to manage a portfolio of your own clients, organise your own time, and share in the responsibility of managing and developing the team of junior trainee staff. The role would involve direct client interaction and the need to be comfortable in being the first point of contact, giving proactive, commercially valuable advice and assistance on a regular basis.
As such, the ideal applicant would be commercially sharp, thrive on the variety and energy of a busy team, have first class communication and interpersonal skills, and a passion for delivering exceptional client care.
For the right candidate further career progression is available.
Role & Responsibilities
- To manage the day to day needs of your own client portfolio, including being the first point of contact.
- To plan, carry out and review client work in a variety of areas within accounting, tax, and commercial business advice.
- To handle client queries and proactively advise them on a wide range of financial and commercial matters.
- To proactively bring matters to the attention of the partners.
- To share in staff management and development responsibilities for the junior members of the team.
- To deliver excellent client service.
- To organise own time and workload.
- Holder of a recognised professional accounting qualification, ACA or ACCA preferred (the firm is willing to examine AAT Level 4 qualified candidates who hold sufficient experience within practice to be considered ‘qualified by experience').
- A minimum of three years’ practice experience.
- Likely to come from a small to medium sized firm or have relevant experience of directly serving clients, proactively and commercially, in this type of environment, but be looking for an exciting new challenge.
- Able to work well in a successful and busy team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commercially sharp.
- Having an attitude characterised as enthusiastic and positive, self-motivated and focused.
- Possessing a creative approach to reaching solutions for clients.
- Hard working and willing to work flexibly and travel on occasions where required.
- Keen to learn and develop.
- General IT proficiency.
Salary & Benefits
Moore Scarrott believes in a culture where strong performance is recognised and rewarded, and as such, reviews the performance and salaries every 12 months. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer a range of other benefits depending on your role
- Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flu Vaccines
- Regular Social events
- Free eye tests
- Paid Sick Leave
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Holiday Entitlement of 33 days per year including Bank Holidays
- Payment of professional memberships
In return, for the right applicant, the firm offers a real prospect of developing and growing their career in a wide range of exciting directions in the future.
Apply for this post
Sign up for our newsletter
Developed by our team of experts, the Moore Scarrott Veterinary newsletter keeps you informed with the latest news and insights impacting the financial landscape of the veterinary sector.