Moore Scarrott is an exciting and truly progressive accountancy practice, having grown rapidly from its formation in 2001. Due to our continued success and growth we are pleased to be able to offer an exciting opportunity for a Bookkeeper to join our growing outsourcing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for verifying source documents, such as invoices and receipts, reconciling and balancing client accounts and also producing aged debtors and aged creditor reports.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Bookkeeper or experience within a similar role, will possess a high level of numeracy and will have excellent communication skills. An AAT Level 3 qualification would be advantageous for this position however it is not essential.
Should you join us you will experience a wide variety of clients from all corners of the UK. Our clients are diverse, their businesses as individual as they are, and so we will expose you to a wide range of business sizes, structures and motivations. Previous experience of working with clients in the agriculture, veterinary or healthcare sector is not required, but drive, and a passion for the work certainly is.
In return, for the right applicant, the firm offers an environment where strong performance is recognised and rewarded financially, and also a real prospect of developing and growing your career in a wide range of exciting directions in the future.
- Verifying source documents, such as invoices and receipts
- Reconciling and balancing client accounts
- Producing aged debtors and aged creditor reports
- To proactively bring matters to the attention of the Managers
- To deliver excellent client service and to demonstrate a high standard of communication skills.
- To organise own time and workload efficiently and effectively.
Key Person Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a bookkeeper or in a similar role; whilst this experience need not be in a practice environment this would be looked upon favourably.
- AAT Level 3 and above, whilst not essential, would be viewed favourably.
- Previous use of a computerised accounting systems, preferably Sage and Xero.
- A good understanding of relevant legislative process and regulatory requirements.
- A meticulous nature in order to ensure all work produced is accurate.
- Able to work well in a successful and busy team
- General IT proficiency
Moore Scarrott Group's salaries are above the Real Living Wage and we pay a minimum of £20,000 (FTE) per annum for trainees just setting out in their accounting career.
We also offer:
- Salary reviews every 6 months
- Fully funded training/qualification
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Starting entitlement of 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Purchase additional holiday scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Client referral programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension plan
- Life assurance
- Free parking
Moore Scarrott believes strongly in personal growth and in rewarding their trainees for their individual performance and hitting study targets, therefore you will find our salaries are above the recommended apprenticeship salary rates.
Apply for this post
Sign up for our newsletter
Developed by our team of experts, the Moore Scarrott Veterinary newsletter keeps you informed with the latest news and insights impacting the financial landscape of the veterinary sector.